Main Article Content
Peer-to-peer or digital multi-sided platform (MSP) startups have created disruptions in various industries in the past few years. In this matter, the crowds within the platform ecosystem have significant contribution for digital MSP startups’ growth. However, there are limited studies that examine the crowd-based resource and capabilities as the source of radical innovation performance since it still conducts the perspective of linear product-market supply and demand. By using network theory, this research proposal wants to examine the role of network effects toward the development of the radical innovation. The findings of PLS-SEM analysis with 70 respondents from digital MSP startups show that crowds-based resources and capabilities manifested by integrative capabilities can generate radical innovation performance through decent network effect that enables to produce high incremental innovation performance beforehand. It shows the importance interaction between digital MSP startups with the crowds for innovation purposes. Hence, the findings contribute in open innovation literatures especially in finding the contributing factors to generate radical innovation
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The copyright of any article is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant International Journal of Business Studies (IJBS) a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors grant International Journal of Business Studies (IJBS) commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for purchase by libraries and individuals.
- Authors grant any third party the right to use the article freely under the stipulation that the original authors are given credit and the appropriate citation details are mentioned.
- The article is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Unless otherwise stated, associated published material is distributed under the same license.
- Copyright Transfer Agreement Form can be downloaded here.