Main Article Content
This study aims to understand the influence of the four elements of the relationship or customer- centric model in the online brand community (relationship between customer-product, customer-brand, customer-company, and customer-other customers) on brand trust in the realm of social media, by measuring moderation effects of community engagement and brand community types. The respondents are 220 respondents, coming from two types of brand community: consumer-initiated and company-initiated brand community. In general, the measurement is done by using structural equation modeling method. The results obtained from the analysis of this study are from the four elements of existing relationships in the online brand community (customer relationships with product, brand, company, and other customers), only customer-brand relationships that significantly affects brand trust. The results are different from previous studies, so it is interesting to investigate further. Furthermore, this research also found moderation effect of community engagement and community types in the relationship between online brand community and brand trust.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The copyright of any article is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant International Journal of Business Studies (IJBS) a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors grant International Journal of Business Studies (IJBS) commercial rights to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for purchase by libraries and individuals.
- Authors grant any third party the right to use the article freely under the stipulation that the original authors are given credit and the appropriate citation details are mentioned.
- The article is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Unless otherwise stated, associated published material is distributed under the same license.
- Copyright Transfer Agreement Form can be downloaded here.